We provide consulting services for clients in a variety of areas relating to technology and the workplace, including:
- Trade Secret Protection Audits – Development of comprehensive policies, agreements, and procedures relating to trade secret protection, data privacy and security; employee and manager education; and customized legal solutions.
- Social Media Strategies – Consulting on company social media strategies and goals, development of policies and guidelines for employee social media use (both to prevent misuse and to encourage appropriate business-related use), and employee and manager education.
- Information Technology Policies – Development and consulting on a wide range of information technology topics including, for example, electronic monitoring policies, procedures and tools, acceptable use policies, Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) and mobile device policies, tools, and tips.
- Onboarding and Departing Executives and Key Employees – Development and negotiation of employment contracts, non-compete/non-solicitation agreements, and assignment of inventions agreements; hiring strategies for employees with existing contractual obligations; discipline and discharge strategies, including exit interviews, high risk terminations, severance agreements, and e-discovery and computer forensics.
Our consulting services are available on a flat fee basis. Please contact us for pricing.
We litigate in state and federal courts to protect our clients’ business assets and to defend against employee and competitor litigation. Our services include:
- Obtaining and defending against temporary restraining order and injunction proceedings.
- Enforcing non-compete and non-solicitations agreements.
- Defending against employment discrimination, wrongful termination, and harassment suits.
- Preventing and obtaining redress for misappropriation, employee raiding, and unfair competition.
We provide employee and manager training on topics such as:
- Trade Secret and Confidential Information Protection
- Data Privacy and Security
- Social Media Do’s and Don’ts
- Bring Your Own Device to Work (BYOD)
- E-Discovery Best Practices
We regularly present to a diverse set of clients, organizations, and trade groups on issues relating to the intersection of the workplace, technology, and law. The goal of these presentations, much like the goal of this blog, is to assist companies and in-house counsel in understanding and overcoming the legal challenges presented in this arena. On request, we also present to clients on issues and concerns specific to their businesses.